For me, Pokémon Go was released on Friday, and I haven’t been able to play it due to a combination of my lifestyle and living in the country1. But I have read a lot of news about it and… often it hasn’t been good.
- For example, a teen playing Pokémon Go in Wyoming came across a dead body while searching for Water Pokemon.
- Eleven teens were lured into a secluded Pokéstop and robbed at gunpoint.. It’s the modern ‘Candy in my truck’.
- One person has used a drone to moderate effect to catch Pokémon.
- Here’s a positive, Pokémon Go is finally causing Americans to use the Metric system. At least they are finally seeing what a logical system the rest of the world uses.
- Apparently the database Pokémon Go used is old-ish, because one man living in a renovated church has had people trying to get into his house and get the pokemon there.
- I’ve since uninstalled it. ↩